Do you consistently have puffy eyes after you cry? Many people find that puffy eyes leave them looking older, tired, and unattractive. If you are constantly struggling to hide your puffy eyes, here are some things you can try:
- Great consealers can help to reduce the visibility of dark circles under your eyes. You can find free makeup samples here. To make the consealer look natural, try to get a color as close to your skin tone as possible. Head to a local beauty store or mall and find out if they offer free makeovers. They usually ask that you purchase at least $20 in product after the makeover, but it is a great way to get some ideas on how to do your makeup in a way that will hide your dark circles.
- Use chamomile tea to help reduce the puffy eye appearance. Take one packet of chamomile tea and heat it until it is at a warm temperature that will not burn when you place it on your skin. Now, take a small washcloth and soak it in the tea. Gently rub the washcloth over your eyes. You can also place the chamomile tea bags directly under your eyes and leave them there for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Add three ice cubes to a bowl of cold water. Use a washcloth to place the ice cubes on your eyes and leave for 10-15 minutes. The cold ice will help to reduce the swelling and puffy appearance after crying. Another option is to take a bag of frozen vegetables like peas and place them on your eyes. This can also assist with the puffy appearance as the cold compress will reduce inflammation.
- Cut two slices of cucumbers and place them over your eyes. Rest your body for at least 20 minutes with the cucumber slices over them. The cucumbers help to reduce the swelling and they have natural vitamins that aid in toning the skin.
- Get plenty of rest. Stress can really take its toll on your body. When it comes to your eyes, stress will show up in the form of dark circles and puffiness. Try to get at least 8 hours of quality rest each night.
- Exercise. This is a great way to reduce your stress burden and helps to limit the toll stress will take on your eyes. Daily exercise helps to tone the skin, which helps to limit sagging skin around the eyes.
Use these tips to improve your problems with puffy eyes. If you continue to have problems, schedule a visit with a plastic surgeon. There are different cosmetic procedures they offer that will aid in reducing the appearance of dark circles and puffiness.